Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Van Gogh, Chatwin, Hemingway, Matisse ……… me.


*inhales deeply*

Aaah yes, it is another cold, beautiful but otherwise, seemingly insignificant day outside.

Not so.

Being the hopelessly indecisive creature that I am, it often takes me longer than your average person to settle on a purchase of something important, especially when that purchase holds long term repercussions for you in the palm of its shaky little hand.

About 6 years ago, I discovered the Moleskine diary as a way of keeping my day to day needs and appointments written down for when my empty head got the better of me. Then, about 3 years ago I (stupidly) thought I would try a different format.

Hmm …. I think I’ll give a Filofax a try.

Our survey said?

Uh-uhhh …

It didn’t work out, all those ring binders to cope with, writing like a 3 year old (sorry Missy), but after the cost of new Filofax and inserts, I stuck with it.

In diary owning terms, it was a long year.

Next up?

Back to Moleskine but this time (although staying with the same size), I got a 'day per page' to have more room to write.

Our survey said?

Uh-uhhh …

That didn’t work out either.

Yes, I had more room to write which was helpful but not being able to see the rest of the week was a complete no-no. Of course, by the time you realise it isn’t working, it’s May and you kind of think that, after the cost of the diary etc etc, maybe you should stick with it.

Another long year.

And so, as you may have guessed, today I finally took the plunge. My choices were simple;

1. Do I stick with Moleskine and

2. Do I go with pocket size or larger?

It wasn’t easy (I started looking in October for goodness sake!), but today I strolled confidently into the bookshop, gave the larger diary one final cursory glance before gently gathering up the small, black, hard backed diary that would be my companion for the next 365+ days.

I think 2009 is gonna be a good year!!

I can feel it!!


I scanned my new "friend" (still in its protective wrapper), for your viewing pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home