Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Wahid falafel min fadlak


No particular news today, no big story to tell, just a few pictures of a place I found the other day on my lunchtime amble around town that has turned out to be an absolute gem.

If you like falafel wraps, then head to Sara’s Supermarket at the north end of Leather Lane (famous for the little market there). They are freshly made, the chopped salad is wonderful and the proprietor is friendly and humble.

Actually, having said that, I think he is fully aware that his falafel’s are something special.

It’s probably a good thing that I only discovered them recently as fried falafel are not the ideal daily lunch but I intend to eat as many of them between now and the end of the year as the holes on my belt will allow.

Shukran habibi.

Thank you.


The main ingredient.



The salad.




Squashing the falafel down into the salad.



Yoghurt dressing and optional chilli sauce.



Sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley and mint. I accept that it looks a bit fussy now but trust me, every one of those flavours comes through.

Try them and let me know what you thought.

I reckon you'll thank me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home