Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

“Shut up and let me go”


The usual squabble takes place when we are in the car together, over what music we are going to listen to while we get from A to B (although I still cannot believe that my 6 and 3 year old children are as savvy as they are about band names and lyrics).

As impressed as I am with this however, Joseph and Annabel would listen to the same CD over and over again, day in day out and I don’t want John Peel turning in his grave on my children’s part, thank you very much!

“What do you want to listen to then?” I ask, knowing full well what the answer will be.

“We want the Ting Tings”, they answer, in almost perfect unison.

“Why don’t we listen to something different for a change?” I counter. “Why don’t we ….”

“No ….. NO!" interrupts Joseph. “We are not listening to the radio! I don’t like the radio!”

”Yeah, you say that now but when you get older, you’ll love the radio”

”Well then, I’ll listen to the radio when I’m older but now I want the Ting Tings!!”

Fairy snuff!

*sniggers*

I can’t really argue with that can I?


"Imagine all the girls, Ah ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.

And the boys, Ah ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah ...... "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home