Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

What was I thinking?


I finished adding yesterday’s post at around midnight and was very tired, so that is my excuse for leaving out an important point.

Well, either that or the red wine I was drinking was stronger than I thought!

As absolutely fabulous as yesterday was, the day’s events were no excuse for not mentioning the incredible full lunar eclipse, which started at about 9pm last night.

As you may or may not be aware, I purchased a telescope back in December and so I very excitedly set it up in eager anticipation of the evenings viewing and what an event it was!

I can see now why Patrick Moore has been getting his monocle in a twist for the last 60 years; stuff like that really is awe-inspiring.

Our far off moon, normally so clear and pearly white, slowly disappeared behind a hazy black shadow and finally turned a reddish hue. I would be lying if I said I sat there throughout the whole performance, but I was running backwards and forwards as the night wore on. The full eclipse was around 11pm.

Mother Nature – awesome!


(And glorious)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home