Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The difference a decade (or two) makes


It doesn't seem all that long ago (no, really), that if I found myself in a Doctor's waiting room or a hospital outpatients department, I would be reading the free literature appropriate to my age and lifestyle.

"Are you practising safe sex?"

"Attracting the opposite sex"

"Coping with being a teenager"

"Drinking in your 20's?"

... etc, etc and so on and so forth, blah blah blah.

Today I had an appointment at the hospital for my ever troublesome ankle (it's been over a year, dammit!!!) and, as you do, I picked up the literature appropriate for my age and lifestyle.

"Osteoarthritis"

"Living with rheumatoid arthritis"

"So you're going to have a steroid injection?"

Hello?

Ex-squeeze me?

What happened there? Is this really how it goes; a seemingly gradual (but not nearly as gradual as I'd like) slide into middle age?

I think I'm gonna buy me a skateboard!!



Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home