Come along for the ride!!

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Obrigado Señor Coelho, obrigado


Sorry, what did you say today was?

It’s Friday.

I see. And are you at work today?

No, I have taken the day off to spend with my smashing son and is there a better day to take off than Friday?

Nope, I didn’t think so either. What did we do today (well, yesterday?)

We had a leisurely breakfast together, we made a ‘snacky’ lunch and went to the cinema where we watched
Le renard et l’enfant, a beautiful (if rather strange) little film about a friendship between a young girl and a vixen (from the same director who made La marche de l'empereur).

We then headed up to check out the (non-residential) summer camp where Joseph is spending the next two weeks and I have to say it looks awesome. Thankfully, he thought so too, with quad bikes, archery and trampolining to name but a few of the activities he’ll be taking part in.

Back home for a late lunch, then off for his swimming lesson where they were learning fornt crawl, which is no mean feat for a group that can barely doggy paddle a width of the training pool!

Collect Annabel from nursery, home for snacks and TV, then bed.

Just what a day off should be; busy but fun.

Oh yeah, as I seem to have gotten into the habit of informing you of what book I have just completed, here is my most recent. I have been reading Paulo Coelhos’ The Alchemist once or twice a year since M first introduced me too it, not long after we met.

I think this must be nearing the 20th time I have read it. I have never bothered re-reading any other book as I have this one. If you’ve read it, you probably don’t need me to tell you about it. If you haven’t read it, go and see why I bother with it time and time again.



Check out the beautiful front cover of this edition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home