Come along for the ride!!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Man and boy


Me being me, I can never do things the easy, straightforward way. I have to put some form of obstacle in my own way, no matter how small.

I find a book in a charity shop for the bargain price of £1, one which I’ve been wanting to read for ages, think to myself “result, I’ll start that when I get in”, only to realise when I do get in that I’ve managed to purchase a book that is the follow on read from another book.

Brilliant.

As luck would have it, I find the required missing book a short while later (for the even greater bargain of 50p) and so get stuck in. I know it’s a complete cliché, but I could not put it down. I was glancing across at the beside clock, watching the minute hand approach midnight, half past midnight, nearing 1am, night after night.

It was one of the fastest readings of any book that I have ever done.

I thought at first that it was just about the most suspect title that anyone could possibly give a book but I have to say a genuine thanks to Tony Parsons for writing this book.

I loved it, and he totally summed up what being a parent is all about.

All I can say is read it. You won’t regret it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home