Come along for the ride!!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Where's that?


I don’t think of myself as a particularly greedy person but as of the last 24 hours, I have eaten:

3 shredded wheat

1 Large bowl of cornflakes and rice crispies

2 slices of toast with strawberry jam (made by yours truly with strawberries picked by … umm … yours truly again)

2 large plates of jumbalaya with sausage

Sausage, egg and chips

2 huge fajitas with chicken, peppers and whatnot

Meat filled pastry from the Turkish shop on the high street

To be honest, the unhealthiest thing about that lot was the sausage and chips bit and I have to admit to feeling a bit grubby after I’d eaten it.

Hang on, why am I telling you this?

Oh yes, the children, M and myself were having a conversation about the distance our food travels and how to eat while considering the environment. You know the one that goes, “try to eat locally grown foods and blah blah blah”, when I say, “ooh, I’ve just remembered, I bought some of your favourite snacks” to Joseph and Annabel.

These are dried mango leather (a million times tastier than it sounds), dried papaya and brazil nuts. We all tuck in and I look at the packets to see where they came from. The nuts were from Bolivia, the papaya from Thailand and the mango was from the Philippines.

Ahem, righty ho ……


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home