Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

“Donuts – is there anything they can’t do?”


School summer holidays and the business of juggling childcare is in full swing. Yesterday, I was off and Joseph and I went to the cinema to see The Simpsons Movie – at Joseph’s request I hasten to add.

I don’t think we’d been to the cinema together since seeing Cars back in 2005 and wasn’t entirely sure his choice of film would be right for him – perfect for me though!

Thankfully however, he laughed his way through the entire film, as did I with Matt Groening and his team pulling out all the stops to get the Simpsons back on form for their feature length episode.

Go and see it.

Poor M called just as we had left the cinema to ask if we could collect her from work as she wasn’t feeling well (very unlike her) and promptly threw up on the way home (incredibly unlike her) and went straight to bed (almost unheard of!).

Joseph and I then packed an overnight bag for his “sleepover” at Nanna and Grandad’s house before driving over there and playing on his tree swing immediately.

He rang this morning to tell me he had woken early (no change there then), was having his “platter” (practically an identikit) and was watching the TV (yep, I guessed that) and was looking forward to his day out at the seaside.

He had been looking forward to the drive down in Grandad’s sports car but my Dad was having none of it. I could almost hear him scurrying off in the background as I prompted Joseph to ask him to get his flash car out of the garage!!

Next time Poops.

Maybe.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home