Come along for the ride!!

Friday, June 22, 2007

“At the end of the day …….”


I once mentioned how I always check in on Joseph last thing at night but not Annabel on account of her sleeping so lightly. Well last night I did check in on her, thanks mostly to her having a coughing fit!

And she is just as sweet as I thought she would be when sleeping. She was very restless but a soothing ‘sshhhhh’ coupled with a gentle back patting and she settled, drifting slowly back to sleep.

Wonderful.

When tucking Joseph in a few nights back, I told him that I check on him once more before I get into bed. When I explained how I open his door, turn him up the right way, cover him up and kiss him on the head gently, he looked at me, blinking.

His face was a mixture of amusement and disbelief.

“I don’t feel it”, he said referring to the kiss on the head.

“No, of course you don’t", I smiled. "I do it gently so I don’t wake you up".

And so, as is usually the case when I’ve told him something new, his last words to me lately are directly related to the fresh news, in this case, “don’t forget to give me a kiss later Dad”.

Don’t worry my love. I won’t forget.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home