Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In your own time.


This doesn’t have much to do with being a Dad but I must mention it.

I stopped in at the local garage yesterday to check my tyre pressures (stay with me here!). I’m sure you’ll be delighted to know that my tyres were absolutely fine, with no loss of pressure.

On my way out of the garage, I glanced down and saw, about halfway across the courtyard, a large snail without a care in the world, mooching oh-so-slowly in the direction of the car wash.

Let’s just quickly recap; a SNAIL was shuffling across a PETROL GARAGE FORECOURT.

My first thought was (as you might expect), “you’re never gonna make it my slimy friend”.

But when I say, “halfway across”, I mean it. He was just about level with Pump number 6, meaning he'd done one of two things.

1. Materialised out of absolutely nowhere a la Doctor Who’s TARDIS or

2. Actually crawled across the first part of the forecourt unscathed.



I’m not entirely sure which of these options amaze me the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home