Come along for the ride!!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?


Our little garden is a veritable Bill Oddie paradise, with lots of our feathered friends making themselves at home there; blackbirds, wood-pigeons, blue tits, sparrows and robins, not forgetting a beautiful Jay that flew in the other day.

Looking out of Joseph’s bedroom window the other day, I saw two pigeons on the nearest rooftop indulging in what can only be described as a passionate kiss. Seriously, their beaks were touching and it was all very innocent and lovely.

One thing led to another however and sure enough, one of the pigeons (a boy one, we think), flapped it’s wings and climbed fairly brusquely aboard the other pigeon (the girl one, we think).

As I had told Joseph to look at them kissing, I thought I would try to ignore the impending question.

“Look Dad. Look at the pigeons, what are they doing?”

I squint out of the window and offer a pathetic, “ermm”.

He continues. “Are they doing their sports exercises Dad?”

Heh heh.

“Yes Poops. Something like that”.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home