Come along for the ride!!

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Dedication, that's what you need ..."


Hey ho, the start of another week and I must mention one of the nicest starts to a week that I have had in quite some time.

But first, some history.

Rewind to last Monday morning and the whole school filed into the hall to be greeted not by the Head, as is usually the case, but by a VIT (very important teacher). She was taking the assembly due to the Head being indisposed. As the entire school filed into the hall, I heard some familiar music dancing out of the speakers. The VIT introduced the music as being from the "Canival of the Animals" by Camille Saint-Saƫns.

The music was "The Swan", smooth, fluid, graceful.

The assembly came and went and as we filed out, she played "The Elephant", loud, heavy, pompous.

When everyone had gone, I hurried over to the CD player to listen to, quite possibly, one of my favourite pieces of classical music ever.

Fast forward to today and as the whole school settles down, the same VIT as last Monday introduces the same piece of music playing.

"Who can tell me what animal this might be about?" she asked.

Several suggestions were offered before someone hit the nail on the head.

"Fish?"

"Aaah, yes. Fish. And what do fish sometimes live in?"

"An aquarium?"

Aaah, again, yes, an aquarium. And who d'you think had the music played in "his" honour today? None other than Yours Truly!

Yessir, the entrance music, The Aquarium, was for "Mr On A Bike" (ahem, not my real name), due to the fact that it is such a special piece for me.

After that, the rest of the day was guaranteed to be a good'un.



How was your Monday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alistair said...

Dear 'not your real name'

Thanks for leading me to these pieces again, which are playing even now as I browse the interweb thingy. Been a while......

Have a good weekend.

Al.

3:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home