Come along for the ride!!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

"All the single ladies, all the single ladies ..."


I occasionally mention the lovely, but mysterious, 'M' on these 'ere pages. I mention her just enough so as not to bore the reader, but enough so the aforementioned reader knows she exists, is real.

She is a wonderful person. Thoughtful, loving, generous and caring.

But today she did something that I'm not sure we can find our way back from. Something that I don't think can be forgotten easily. Something that all the quiet discussion, tears, honesty, can mend.

Under the guise of being, "for the children", she made me watch Alvin and the Chipmunks; the Squeakquel.

I guess one day we'll be able to discuss it, remember it, laugh about it.

One day.



Maybe.


1 Comments:

Blogger Alistair said...

Dear DOAB,

My commiserations sir. Women can be so underhand sometimes and often {perhaps always} fail to realise how frail the male psyche is.

My equivalent made me watch 'Mamma Mia' under the guise that " You will really enjoy it, honestly"

I only occasionally find myself able to stop crying long enough to reach for a medicinal glass of red....or white.....or rose.....or pretty much anything alcoholic really.

I may never recover from hearing Pearce Brosnan sing!

Your in sympathy,
Al.
p.s. Since my lovely G has just come in and peered over my shoulder to see what I was doing I would just like to say freely, honestly and in no under any kind of threat - that the above comment is completely untrue and that 'Mamma Mia' is a wonderful example of the film makers art.

sorry got to go now as I have to be monitored for the rest of the evening.

take care of yourself..........

5:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home