Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Pop in my CD and let me run a rhyme, and put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime"


Well no, actually, it isn't, but you would be forgiven for thinking that it still is, such was the beauty of the weather today. It is making our new years resolution (the academic year, natch), to walk to school and back rather easy, as opposed to jumping into the car for the fairly short journey.

I have to be honest though; I am not sure how much longer we'll be travelling "green". The mornings are darker, the evenings are getting shorter and this morning was distinctly 'fresh'. The cold I can handle; the rain is another story though.

I don't like it, plain and simple. I can almost stomach getting a drenching on the way home when we can all change into something warm, but on the way to work? To school?

As Daryl Hall and John Oates once said, "I can't go for that, no-o-o ...... no can do".

Ne'er a truer word spoken.



Us happy campers at 8.20am this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home