Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Right back atcha!


Oh boy, I could spend all night writing this post, but for the sake of sanity (yours and mine), I will keep it brief. (Actually, you could also add the fact that I have thus far managed to refrain from using swear words on these pages and there is just the teensiest possibilty that I may want to utter one or half a dozen expletives, so I'll keep it short).

Someone said to me tonight that teenagers and teenagers alone, use blogs to express their thoughts, feelings and ideas, comparing the practice to using Facebook and Bebo.

Oh really, well I thought I would do a little detective work on behalf of bloggers everywhere, et voilĂ ! I have come up with a few, rather staggering figures for your perusal.

The number of blogs indexed by Technorati since 2002 now stands at 133,000,000! An estimate for how many of these blogs are written by people over 30 years of age (depending on whose word you take), is somewhere between 10% and 55%.

In case your maths ain't up to much, that's anwhere between 13.3 and 73 million.

Personally, I don't use either of the other sites quoted by my ill-informed friend but hey, who cares?




See here for some other surprisingly interesting internet facts. You might learn a thing or three!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home