Come along for the ride!!

Monday, August 25, 2008

The flux capacitor


This, as we all know, is what makes time travel possible.

And, if you look at the time stamp of this post then quickly scroll down to the previous post, you will see that exactly 1 week and 1 day have elapsed between the two but you can jump between the two entries almost instantaneously!!

Amazing eh?

Of course not, it just means I have been mega-lazy and haven’t sat down to write anything for 8 days. To be fair to myself I have not been lazy in the slightest but have in fact been busy working, both in my day job and taking time off to decorate indoors. And as dull as decorating is, I must say I am rather pleased with my efforts. Our master bedroom is finished!

When I say finished, what I mean is I have finished the painting. Now all we have to do is wait for the carpenter to come and build the cupboards and the carpet fitters to do their thing and then it will be finished. Then I have to start all over again on the landing.

I have sworn to myself that the next time we move, I will be doing the entire house in one hit.

Famous last words!

Yesterday we went to the National Army Museum (a lot more fun than it sounds) on Royal Hospital Road in Chelsea before eating at Stockpot; a favourite old restaurant of ours that M and I used to frequent before we started procreating. Oh hang on, I don't mean we used to eat there and then hurry home to ....... forget it!

Last night we entertained our chums from Wilton (Annabels’ Godparents) when my prawn and cod pie drew much ‘ooh-ing & aah-ing’, as did the fabulously creamy mashed potato (even if I do say so myself!).

Today we had a BBQ for some other friends (Josephs’ Godfather & one of M’s bridesmaids) with their two girls, and although the sun remained firmly hidden behind the clouds, I still did a pretty ok job at getting the food from grill to table without the same kind of hiccups my Dad and I experienced barely a week ago (read previous post).

Home made burgers with apple, you got it. Marinated chicken kebabs with green peppers and onion, you got it. Sausages with red peppers, spicy potato wedges, home made tzatziki …. well, you get the idea.

The good news is that this weekend was a bank holiday, hurrah!

The bad news is that it was the last one this year, h’rooh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home