Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

You? You’re the Rain Man?


Now I know that all parents see brilliance in their own children, I know that. I also know that children’s brain’s are like sponges and will soak up anything they hear or see but I’m gonna tell you this anyway.

We printed out the maze below for Joseph to do (as he loves mazes) but I said to him it was time for bed and that he could do it the next morning before school. I leave his room for about a minute to hang up his towel and replace his toothbrush and when I come back into his room, he is sitting on the floor looking at the maze.

“Come on, into bed”, I say to him. “You can do that in the morning. Come on”.

He begrudgingly puts the maze on his desk and gets into bed.

Cut to this morning and we are downstairs eating breakfast when he looks at me, eyes wide, jumps down from his chair and disappears upstairs and comes back into the room holding his maze.

“Can you get me a pencil Dad?” he asks.

I get him a pencil, hand it over and then watch, amazed, as he literally completes the maze in under 10 seconds.

“Wow! How on earth did you do that so quickly?” I ask him, completely gobsmacked.

He smiles as he can tell I’m genuinely impressed. “I just did”.

He goes on to tell me that he looked at the maze before bed last night and remembered the way to get from start to finish. All he had to do was draw in the missing line.

Oh boy, I need to get one of those brain trainers. I know we lose brain capacity as we get older but I don’t think I could have done this maze as quick.

Perhaps you had to see it to believe it!


Go go Power Rangers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home