Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

“There is no room at the inn”


Starring roles in this year's nativity play were handed out last week and Joseph came home quite disappointed (and a little confused) that one of the starring roles, namely that of Joseph, did not automatically go to him on the grounds of his name.

“But James isn’t called Joseph. I am”, he wailed.

When I asked him what he was doing, he rather sadly pointed out that he will be “sitting at the end of the bench, singing songs”.

Don’t worry my love – maybe next year.

On a happier note, Annabel has taken to her new bed with gusto and one of my worst fears has thankfully been dispelled.

Being such a light sleeper, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to sneak into her room to tuck her in last thing at night as I do with Joseph but her new bed clothes (and flannelette pyjamas) are obviously aiding restful sleep, as she lies there peacefully while I straighten her quilt and smooth her blanket.

Result!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home