Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

All you need is love


It won’t surprise you to know that Monday mornings for us is a chaotic time, everyone running here and there, brushing hair and teeth and general pandemonium, in order to get both children to their respective nursery and school as well as get ourselves to work on time.

Not this Monday morning however.

As an anniversary treat, M had booked us in to a spa for the day with massage and flotation treatments, not to mention Jacuzzi, steam room and lunch.

I won’t bore you with the details of our day, apart from to say that you should take the time out to pamper yourself occasionally.

The point of this post is, as you would expect, with regards to our children.

When I am at work, I’m busy and I have my mind focussed on what I am doing. Of course I think about my family on and off but generally, it’s work.

When we give ourselves a special treat like a day at a spa, your mind relaxes and you find yourself talking about …… the children.

By the Jacuzzi, sat in fluffy white gowns sipping Chinese tea, over lunch in a lovely restaurant, you talk about nothing else other than your children.

You might be thinking, “so what, of course you’re going to discuss your kids”, and you might be right.

I just find it funny that when you spend your time, from one week to the next, running here and there, making sure they’re ok and have everything they need, the minute you get an hour to yourself to relax and your thoughts come back to the same thing.

Oh well, that’s love I s’pose.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home