Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I do not like green eggs and ham


You know, I couldn’t tell you when it was that I learned to read. I don’t know what age I was when I picked up a book and actually read the words as opposed to looking at the pictures and making up the story.

Regardless of what age I was then, I am amazed – as I often am – at Joseph’s reading. His school follows the “jolly-phonics” reading and writing formula and it is unbelievable to witness how quickly he has gone from recognising a handful of letters, to reading books back to me at bedtime.

Admittedly, the books he brings home each day have just a handful of repeated words in them, but even after a week, they are getting progressively more difficult.

The important thing is that Joseph is totally chuffed at how amazed and pleased I am with his newfound skills; he really does beam with pride, not to mention laughing out loud when my jaw drops at how he skips through a book.

Incredible!

Some of his new words are here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home