Come along for the ride!!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Good-bye old friend


Although I couldn’t call myself a firm regular, I did frequent the New Piccadilly café on Denman St, just behind Piccadilly Circus whenever I passed nearby and last Friday, sadly, it closed forever.

It featured in a beautiful book called Classic Cafes and retained all its original formica topped table and booths, deco lighting and slightly camp waiters in navy-esque uniforms. The proprietor was a grumpy old bugger too but you could forgive him all that, such was the charm of the place.


Anyhow, I wouldn’t like the passing of a much loved place to go un-mentioned so here it is.

If you never had the chance to go, bad luck, you missed out. If you have an original local café nearby, go along and find out what you’re missing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home