Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boiled eggs and nuts!


I write here for two reasons.

One: to impart my vast knowledge (I'm kidding!) of all things parental unto thou; the good bits, the bad bits and the downright rotten bits.

Two: to serve as a reminder of some of the less interesting (but equally important) things that happen on a day-to-day basis.

Joseph spent much of Saturday afternoon eating. He has these days several times a month and it usually precedes a noticeable growth spurt.

Anyway, he literally did not stop eating and at 7pm when I picked him up to take him up for a bath, he moaned slightly and complained of tummy ache.

As we got to the top of the stairs, he said again, “I’ve got tummy ache. I wish I couldn’t eat so much!”

Not, wished I “didn’t” eat so much but he wished he “couldn’t” eat so much.

Maybe you had to be there.

The other funny moment was when I was fitting a bracket for our new fire extinguisher in the cupboard under the stairs.

I situated it fairly close to the light, and as I was placing the extinguisher in it’s new home, M walked past and, referring to its close proximity to the light – a heat source – asked, “if the extinguisher was flammable”!!

Hmmm….

Maybe you had to be there for that too …………..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home