Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Como te llamas?


I had one of those “wasn’t prepared for that” moments the other day. Joseph was climbing the stairs and I, as usual, was forced to wait at the bottom, allowing him just enough time to hide. Of course, he usually hides in exactly the same place and I spend 10 minutes walking right past him, hearing him shuffling nervously under his bed with his feet poking out of one side. At some point I’m going to have to tell him!

Anyway, he gets to the top of the stairs, turns to sit down and asks, “what’s your name again Dad?”

He always looks at me rather strangely when I burst out laughing at a seemingly reasonable question, but I did explain why I laughed.

“What’s your middle name”, I ask, knowing we share the name.

A smile breaks as he remembers.

“Oh yeah”, he laughs, and jumps up to go and hide under his bed.

“1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ….. coming, ready or not”.




Being of limited ability in the “speaking a foreign language” department, far be it for me to mock others attempts at the same. As mean as it might be however, I couldn’t resist posting this note which was posted through our door recently.

You can’t help but think that it would be a good idea to run your “ad” past a friend whose grasp of English is better than yours no?

Like I said, far be it for me to mock. It just struck me as funny.

Sorry Monika!




Click to enlarge


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home