Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

In sickness and in health …….


Well, there you have it. I said I wouldn’t let an entire week go by with only one entry and what do I go and do?

Exactly that.

As always however, I have an excuse.

My lovely wife had a fairly considerable operation last week and as a result has been doing the washing up and housework much slower than she usually does. Instead of being able to slob on the computer keeping you all informed, I’ve had to oversee her tasks rather closer than normal.

I jest of course.

M was only in hospital for 2 days but it felt a lot longer. Getting two children bathed, ready for bed, then ready for school and nursery the next morning takes even more military precision than when there’s the two of us.

Then there’s the drive over to the hospital to see her, drive back, collect children, take them back to see her, back home …… well, you get the picture.

The worst bit however, is lying there in bed unable to sleep, horrible thoughts going through your mind that you can’t seem to quiet.

What if this, what if that?

Thankfully, she’s just fine.

Very tired, very uncomfortable but also very relieved (as am I), that she made it home in (almost) one piece.

I’ve said it many times before but I will say it again; as long as you have your health, nothing else matters a jot.

Take my word for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home