Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yuletide logs


This is it!

One more night. No more windows to open on the advent calendar. No more “Santa is watching, you’d better behave yourself”.

The 24th of December.

Christmas eve.

Oh mummy, I AM SO EXCITED! Never mind the children, it’s ME who’s beside himself!!

All the vague memories from my own childhood keep flickering in my subconscious, reminding me of my own past. I can see the excitement in Joseph’s eyes; the promise of what might be; lying there, wondering if you really have been as good as you’ve told yourself!

We’ve put out the glass of milk, the mince pie, the carrot for Rudolph and so on and so forth.

I guess all there is to do now is sit and wait.

Wait for sleep to come.

And hope.

Hope that “he” comes, hope that “he” sees past our minor misdemeanours, our ever-so-slight-failings over the year gone by.

Hey, we deserve it right? We’ve thought of everyone who matters over the past 3 weeks right? Come on Santa, we’ve been positively saintly, get our presents in the sack, WE DESERVE IT!

Do we deserve it?

Have we been saintly? Helpful? Neighbourly? Friendly to others? Kept our temper throughout the year?

I doubt it.
Not for the whole year anyhow.

Not if I’m anything to go by.

Anyway, whether we honestly think we do deserve those presents, bring ‘em on; we’re ready. We’ll answer for our wrongs in the next year right?

Whether you deserve them or not, Merry Christmas to you all.

Ding dong merrily on high. Have a wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home