Come along for the ride!!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Told you!


Well, I was right about how the disco would go; Poops tearing around working up a good sweat and Missy dancing non-stop to anything and everything!

A very busy weekend followed.

Saturday saw Joseph out for the day with my parents for the first time; they went to see Peter Pan on ice in Crystal Palace and they all had a wonderful time. M made him a packed lunch including some sweets - sugar free obviously – although he did have a wry smile when telling me later that evening that “Nanna gave me a green sweetie and Grandad gave me some chocolate”.

“Re-e-e-eally?”

I spent the day at a school fayre which was full of lots of fairly pretentious parents.

“Yah, the organic falafel stall is being run by Milly’s mum and they’re simply to die for”.

Whatever!

On Sunday morning, I realised that I was the only one out of the four of us who was feeling 100% so we decided not to stray too far from home. We got the tree down from the loft and started our Christmas decorating (a little early admittedly).

I’m looking forward to this Christmas – Annabel and Joseph will both be really into it this year.

I remember last Christmas morning; I heard Joseph quietly mumbling so I jumped out of bed and armed the camcorder.

I sat, crouched by the monitor, listening, waiting for him to stir again so I might record the moment when he realises the milk, mince pie and carrot have been half eaten by Santa and his reindeer sometime during the night.

I sat some more, listening, totally unaware that Joseph had gone back into a deep sleep, waiting.

For another hour and 10 minutes!

I think I’ll not worry so much this year and get an extra hours sleep in!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home