Come along for the ride!!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Mufti

Noun [U] OLD-FASHIONED ordinary clothes worn by people who usually wear uniforms, especially soldiers:
The admiral arrived in mufti.

Joseph’s teacher is very nice. A little mad perhaps, but very nice all the same (and tough!!).

Anyway, on Monday she announced that today was to be a mufti day and all children would be required to wear their pyjamas and dressing gowns, with a teddy and blanket where required.

I have to say I was sceptical at first – would this be fun???

She continued, “we’ll be staying indoors, I’ll be making hot chocolate and we’ll be telling stories the whole day”.

I take it back; it sounds bloody wonderful.

What I wouldn’t give to lollop around all day in a dressing gown, having stories read to me and hot chocolate to boot.

Boy, have things changed since the mid 70’s!!

Found this lovely picture of my primary school in South East London. I hope it hasn’t been turned into a block of luxury apartments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home