Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Perspective anyone?


The main reason I started writing this blog (read it here) was to try and get some perspective in my life.

Ok, I also wanted an online diary of watching my children growing up and to record my thoughts and feelings about being a Dad.

But perspective was the required end result and Lord knows, I need perspective and often! I got fed up with becoming upset over the unimportant, silly things that happen in one's everyday life. The things that sent me into a rage or pushed my "self pity" button when, on reflection, they really weren't that big a deal. I needed reminding of everything I have to feel lucky about in my life; my wife, my children, my home, my security and so on.

More than all of this however, is to remember to be grateful for my health and the health of my family.

I hate to sound pious but if you have your health, nothing, absolutely nothing else matters. It doesn't matter how many cars, houses, boats or horses you accumulate, if you're sick or unable to enjoy these things, what good are they?

It doesn't even have to be a luxury like a longed for Ferrari or a million pounds.

Imagine never being able to see the sun? Imagine wondering what that warmth on your skin was but never seeing it? Would it be the same if someone had to explain to you what it was?

Imagine wanting to pick up and cuddle your new born child/grandchild but not being able to move for whatever reason, through sickness or disability?

A friend of ours has just another child, a much longed for boy, and there are some things which aren't as you would hope for your newborn child with their life stretched out in front of them.

I saw her yesterday and her news hit me like a ton of bricks.

Take a look around you. If you have your health and your family have theirs, offer up a prayer to whichever God it is that you pray to and give thanks.


Perspective.


Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home