Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cock-a-doodle-doo!


It was just about to turn 7 o' clock this morning and still no noise from Joseph's OR Annabel's room.

I was running the water in the basin for a shave when I hear J's door open. I poke my head round the door of the bathroom just as his door swings open and there he is, my smashing son in his little blue pyjamas with his ruffled hair and a "I just woke up" look on his handsome face, his eyes squinting in the morning light on the landing.

"Is it time to wake up?" he asks. "Yes", I reply.
"Did I wake you up?" he enquires. "No my love, you didn't wake us up, thank you". Not waking us up at the crack of dawn earns J a smiley face for his chart. At the end of the week, more smiley faces equals more treats and, since the introduction of the
Thunderbirds chart one week ago today, he has earned himself not a single black cross! The chart is littered with smiley faces.
What do points make? Yep, prizes!
J has been banging on about going to the cinema for weeks now so Saturday morning, that's where we'll be going.

Interestingly, no sooner had J opened his bedroom door, then Missy stirs and starts chatting to herself, gobbledeegook at first but escalating to "mama, mama", proving what we already thought - that she will sleep in until she is disturbed by noise on the landing.

So, J sleeping in later means more sleep for everyone!

If you haven't tried your own behaviour chart yet, I highly recommend one!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home