Come along for the ride!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ANOTHER blog? Oh lawdy, do we really NEED another blog? Well no, actually we don't NEED another one but I've been toying with the idea for a while and two things have happened recently that have prompted me to start one. They are;

Firstly, my impatient nature. Living and working in London, life is fairly frantic anyway and becoming a parent has added to that sense of "must get here, must drop off there" etc. This daily 'hecticness' has only helped chip away at my already limited ability to remain mild mannered/tempered in the face of the most minor of confrontations or difficult situations! I'm hoping that I will somehow be able to 'purge' myself of any negative thoughts, thus restoring my calm inner self!


Wow, how very 'Zen' of me!!! Let's hope it works!

Secondly, you would have to have been living in a box not to have seen/read the news coverage of Norman Kembers release from captivity in Iraq last week. I was reading an interview with him just yesterday and one piece in particular struck me.
He said;

"The experience of being confined is desperate. Not going outside for four months - it's having that time stolen. I want to remind your readers how precious life is, and how precious the sight of a green tree would be when you're deprived of it."

It made me think about how often I get bogged down in the minutiae of everyday life. The silly, unimportant things that seem to distract me from all that I have to feel good about in my life - which I'll go into later. This may be just another blog for you, but for me; well, it could be the start of something big, a new me perhaps? If you want to come along for the ride, I'd love for you to join me!

To quote cartoonist Bill Watterson, "It's a magical world out there..... let's go exploring".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home