Come along for the ride!!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tired.

Very, very tired.

Made the grave misjudgment in thinking that I would be able to post yesterday after friends had been for dinner. Seeing as said friends never left until 1am after a small bottle of Lebanese Arak (think potent Ouzo/Pernod/aniseed) and 3 bottles of vin rouge and you'll know why I never got round to writing anything!

Unfortunately, not getting to bed until 1.30 in the morning doesn't have any bearing on what time your children get up - if they're usually up at 6am, that's the time they'll get up even when you haven't had quite the quota of sleep you're body demands - that's a tip for all you parents-to-be by the way - if you have the chance for some sleep, don't balls it up by sitting up drinking - do not pass go, do not collect £200, go straight to bed, whatever you do!

Anyway, it's Easter Saturday and preparations for the big day tomorrow are done. Our contribution to the festivities amount to colouring and boiling up some eggs.


What do you think? Aren't they a fantastic colour?



If you want to know how to do this (no, not by painting them) then leave me a comment and I'll tell you (well I gotta know if anyone's reading this stuff!!!).

My wifes mother has been cooking all week for a full on, Lebanese easter lunch tomorrow and I couldn't be happier. Mjadara, Kibbeh, baba ghanoush, tabbouleh salad, the list is endless. I won't be bothering to wear my belt tomorrow as it has no use when I'm stuffing my face to bursting point with Lebanese delicacies such as mentioned. Look up your nearest Middle Eastern restaurant and if you've never had it, try something new - you won't be disappointed, I promise.

If you're celebrating tomorrow, wherever you are, I hope you have a good day.

Happy Easter to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home