Come along for the ride!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

More adventures with dough


Before Lord and Lady Parker presented me with my (new) favourite cook book by HFW, my old favourite cook book was The New English Kitchen by Rose Prince (good grief, I'm so fickle).

It isn't really a cook book in the 'recipe-filled' sense of the word; it's more of a guide to sensible shopping, planning ahead etc etc.

Rose would've been proud of me this week. We bought a lovely big chicken on Tuesday which I roasted, along with all the usual suspects; it was delicious. When we had finished, M stripped the remainder of the meat from the carcass and I threw all the bones in a stockpot along with a couple of carrots, an onion, salt pepper and half a bottle of white wine and simmered it for an hour.

There's your stock for your chicken and pepper risotto the following night, which, if I do say so meself, was bloomin' delicious. and would you Adam and Eve it, their was enough meat on those bones to allow me to have a sandwich for lunch the next day too.

If you're listening Rose, thanks for the advice!




Although, why on earth Rose decided to call it the "english" kitchen (and thereby alienate a plethora of readers who might not be fans of the English), I have no idea!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home