Come along for the ride!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

"Britain ... Britain ... Britain ....."


Following their trip to the seaside with the school last week (to Littlehampton), Joseph has been repeatedly asking fo rus to go there together. Seeing as I'd never been before, today seemed like as good a time as any to make the drive there. M had taken the day off and so off we went, blue skies, sun shining and the prospect of arriving there in time for lunch.

In my book, if you go to the seaside, you have to have fish and chips; it's almost a requirement of the law. I mentioned to our waitress that it was a shame there was no 'rock' on the menu, just cod, plaice and huss. She looked at me strangely and replied that huss is rock and would I like to order that?

Heh heh, huss, yeah, ha ha, I'll take the huss please, tee hee .... I knew really!

The fish was lovely, fried in a very light batter which I always prefer over the huge, hard batter that you sometimes get to disguise the teensy piece of fish hiding within. Anyway, if the batter is too greasy then I end up feeling bloated.

And you'd be forgiven for thinking that everybody else in Littlehampton that day had gone for the deep fried everything. Like, everything!

The fish, the sausages, the chips ..... even themselves! There were lots and lots of people who looked ...... well, they looked .......

I'm thinking, cross between lobster and a chain smoking Marjorie Dawes.



"Now, crisps are high in fat, but they're also low in protein and low in fibre!

See? It's not all bad!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home