Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Staying loyal to your roots


Different part of town, same old "what shall I have for lunch" issue.

I admit I am much better at actually taking packed lunch into work with me but this is far from fail safe; many a lunchtime over the past several months I have found myself looking through the windows of this food establishment or that food establishment.

The difference is that before January 1st of this year, I was working in the West End of town with a wide choice of area's and food types; Covent Garden, Strand, Temple, Fleet Street, Holborn, Piccadilly Circus and so on. Now I also have a choice, so long as it's in the immediate vicinity of where I work!!

I do still have a choice of foods though.

Yeah, I can choose from Indian food or West Indian food. (Hey, it's a choice!)

Only joking (sort of), there are far more choices than that but when the choosing gets too tough and my head is in a spin, I can always rely on that most staple of English meals, good old pie and mash.

I have to admit that our local pie 'n' eel shop is far from being the best I have ever tasted but when I need a quick bite to eat or an amble down taste bud memory lane, this little stop off does the trick.

As you can see, as I have always done, I opted for single pie, mash and licker which is usually followed by exactly the same again but, what with turning the Big Four Oh last weekend, I am watching my figure.



"Cor blimey, apples 'n' pears, leave it Grant, RICKY-Y?"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home