Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

An award winning programme - surely?


Well done and thank you to Norma Percy (no, I have to admit, I didn't know who she was either), but she must be congratulated on her latest documentary Iran and the West, three episodes which I watched almost without blinking lest I should miss something important.

What is almost unbelievable is the calibre of the people who agree to contribute to her programmes; she must be a very persuasive individual. Either that or just a damned sight better known than an oily tyke like myself does her credit for!

I mean, ex-US President Jimmy Carter, Warren Christopher, Mohammad Khatami, Vladimir Putin, Jack Straw, George Shultz, Madeline Albright, former Heads of Iran's Revolutionary Guard to name but a few.

It's not just the big names though; it's the fact that it is just about the most enlightening piece of television that I have watched in .... well ... ever.

Politics is a dangerous and tangled game.

If you are in the UK and missed it, look out for it on BBC iPlayer now or on a digital BBC channel sometime soon. If you are outside the UK then YouTube is usually pretty handy for that sort of thing!


I sure hope President Obama is able to "open dialogue" once again with Iran. The world's "baddies" aren't necessarily the ones you think they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home