Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

"When I come across a day, that's grey ..."


If I didn’t know better, I’d say that the weather did it on purpose. You know how it waits for a bank holiday to arrive before unleashing buffeting winds and a torrent of rain?

And I'm not joking about thinking the weather would (or could) do something on purpose. I mean, the realistic me knows that this is unlikely at best and the onset of madness at worst, but still I persevere.

“Bloody weather, waiting for us to do such and such”, I moan. “Typical! I knew it would rain on the one day I wanted to …” I grumble.

I make no bones about hating the rain. Yes, I know we need the rain, but why can’t it just rain at night, keeping everyone’s precious lawns green, and keep out of my way during the day? Is that so much to ask?

But, in my more lucid moments, I actually give some clear thought to specific important days in my family calendar and consider what the weather was doing on those days.

And, if I am honest, I would remember that actually, the weather is very kind to us. Annabel’s and Joseph’s birthdays have threatened to be washouts in the past but, at the last minute, the rain stopped and the sun came out, allowing an unspecified number of children to run around in the garden rather than in the house.

And, irrespective of the weather generally as autumn kicks in and winter approaches, the sun always seems to shine for us on the 12th October, reminding us of the beautiful day (of the same date) we had in Positano for our wedding day way back in 2000.

My mother-in-law gave us a card and, tact not being her strongest point wrote:

“So far so good”



Happy 8th anniversary love. So far so good eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home