Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day


Oh dear, it’s that time of year again.

That time of year where you try to think of something to give your Dad, even though he is famously the most difficult person to buy for on the face of the earth.

Thankfully however, my Dad loves Maynard’s Wine Gums, so I delivered his 10kg box of them last week.

Enjoy them Tel’ Boy.

Closer to home, I was presented with a handmade card in the shape of a Piston Cup (you’ll need to watch Joseph’s favourite movie Cars to know what that is), as well as some very thoughtful presents from M.

We then went to lunch and had a very lovely time for the following reasons;

Joseph and Annabel were exceptionally well behaved

It was a new restaurant and I had never eaten there before

The service and the food were fantastic

My non-alcoholic cocktail was delicious

It also transpired that as a Dad eating there on Father’s Day, I got to eat for free, making the outing great value for money.

Being very health conscious I ordered a salad.

Unfortunately my salad came with a side order of two 6oz burgers, dill pickle, relish, onion rings and home fries, all of which I managed to polish off before pushing my plate away from me and announcing I probably wouldn’t be ordering dessert!

Thankfully, we decided to go for a long walk afterwards, through a huge park via a small city farm by which time I had managed to digest my substantial lunch.

Home to play for a bit, children bathed and in bed (all the while still behaving beautifully), open a cold beer and sit down to watch the motor racing.

What a cracking Father’s Day!

Roll on the next one.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home