Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

October the 12th. 3pm


The sun is shining, it's a beautiful morning and the town of Positano looks wonderful from our balcony. The year is 2000.

Our wedding day.

And today we celebrated our 6th anniversary. Boy, things have changed for us in 6 years.

Moved house, got new jobs, become parents; twice! I'd call that a busy 2191 days wouldn't you?

Anyway, happy anniversary M - love you loads (and loads!)
xx


Still, as always, you don't come here to read sloppy stuff like that, you come to find out how I'm faring as a Dad. And with that in mind, today threw up a corker!

One of the things that people tell you, that you read about, hear on television etc, is that children will say stuff to embarrass you with comments at innapropriate moments.

Well I wouldn't say that what Joseph said embarrassed me as such; more it made me burst out laughing and that was funny more than anything else.

We were walking home from his school, we were just around the corner from home, when an elderly gent' in his electric mobility chair (bordering on electric wheelchair) comes towards us on the pavement. I look down at Joseph and I can see that he's registered the approaching vehicle ON the pavement and his cogs are turning, he's going to say something.

He waits until the old boy is right next to us before shouting (in his ear), "Scalextric's Daddy, look at that Scalextric; like at Grandad's house".

I mustered all the strength I had to refrain from making a loud, rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr engine noise whizzing by!

Cue laughter; mine.
Out of earshot I think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home