Come along for the ride!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

I don't like Mondays

Well, except when I've taken the day off to try and get various bits and pieces done. Ok, so it's Monday, ok, so it's raining ever so slightly but you know what? I don't mind.

The reason I don't mind (when I normally hate the rain) is this; it was A's 1st birthday last week and her party was on Saturday. The weather forecast was grim, heavy rain, overcast etc but did it rain on the day? Nope, it held off until the evening after everyone had gone and, after all the expense and the organisation of a small get together for a 1 year old, M and I couldn't have been more pleased. Actually I was more pleased for M than anything else - she really doesn't ask for much but a rain free day on Saturday was something she really wanted. Especially after the whole of last week had been t-shirt weather with beautiful sunshine.

M also printed out a picture of A for every one of her first 12 months and put them up along the wall - they made for a lovely backdrop to her first soiree.

Another successful event as organised and executed by the ever adaptable M. Actually, since starting this blog and referring to my wife only as M, and taking into account her adaptability with just about anything really, I've realised the only other person as clever as that and who is referred to as M, is James Bond's gadget inventor friend.

I wonder if I can get her to call me Bond?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home