Come along for the ride!!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Langoliers and Needful Things


I am pretty delighted that my children seem to love books as much as I did and indeed, do. At bedtime, M and I take it in turns to swap our reading time between Joseph and Annabel and when we've finished, the two of them 'read' to themselves for 10 minutes or so, until they want to sleep.

Of course, Annabel is only looking at the pictures but she is doing very well, recognising lots of individual and even pairs of letters.

I appreciate that you can't dictate what your children read but I am going to do my best to steer them away from horror stories. Not entirely perhaps, but I will try to make sure it isn't all they read as I did while growing up; Stephen King, James Herbert and an absolutely terrifying novel called The Watcher by Charles Maclean, which frightened the living daylights out of me!!

I mean, there's so much more out there!!

Way to go kids; you're doing brilliantly!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home