Come along for the ride!!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Up my main man Michael Morpurgo, aaaiiIIEEEE!


You see what I did there?

The ever so un-subtle alliteration in my post title?

Dammit Blackadder, if I didn't see just about one of the most moving pieces of theatre this afternoon. As with all good theatre, the stage sets were simple, the story addictive, the characters convincing.

Plus, if you'd told me that I would be entranced by a production that had life size models of horses being carried around by three different people, their legs visible out of the bottom of the horse à la pantomine season, BUT that I would find it convincing ............

Well, I'd have thought you mad.

However, it must be said that I had to keep reminding myself that the horses weren't real, that their whinnying and startled snorts were coming from the actors controlling them. Those inside the frames as well as the actor controlling the head, neck and ears must have spent a great deal of time with real horses.

It's astonishing.

Go and see it and tell me if I'm wrong.



(I'm not wrong!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home