Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Comedy build-up


Joseph and I were discussing important issues last night while he was “on the throne”. Hey, this is quality time together!

Anyway, I was enquiring as to how he managed to rip his new trousers. He smiled and said, “I don’t know”.

The smile spoke volumes so I pressed the matter.

“What do you mean, you don’t know? Just tell me what happened – it doesn’t matter that you tore your trousers, I just want you to tell me the truth. Did you fall over?”

I guess what I was aiming towards was had someone else pushed him over hence his reluctance to divulge anything.

“Yes”.

“Yes what? You fell?”

“No”.

“What then?”

A smile again.

“Did a teacher see you fall?”

“Yes”.

“Who?”

(says name of teacher)

“What did she say?”

“Nothing”.

“What do you mean, nothing? She must have said something?”

“No. She just did this” (imitates teacher beckoning with forefinger).

“Why did she do that? What were you doing?”

Another smile.

“Well?”

“Hiding with one of my friends”.

“Hiding! Hiding from who, the teacher?”

A smile starts to break out and he can contain himself no longer – he burst out laughing. Meanwhile, I am stifling my laughter until I get to the bottom of things.

“Yeah”, he continues, “we were hiding behind that tall thing (which I’m supposed to know but have no idea what he means) and Miss ______ saw us and told us to come inside”.

More laughter.

“Did you get in trouble?” I enquire worryingly, my mind's eye seeing him kept back a year, 12 years in a row for simply hiding behind a pillar aged 4.

“No. We just had to help tidy up the toys”.

He laughed again and I laughed with him but that was the end of the torn trouser drama.


Until the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home