Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

And she’s off


I posted a while back that I was both looking forward to, and mildly fearful of, the time when Annabel started to talk. Well, take a deep breath ‘cos her first words are here; in abundance.

I guess I should also be slightly nervous at the fact that the first word ever uttered by this little human being was “shoes”. She has also taken to parading up and down the hallway with whatever bag of M’s happens to be lying available, nestled in the crook of her arm, like a 2 foot tall Sloane, waddling up to the front door and back again, smiling to herself.

She has been saying “Daddeeee” and “Mummy” for a little while but now she will attempt any word you say to her. Some notable examples are;

Joseph

Ham

Crisp

Pretty

Actually, she didn’t attempt the word “pretty”, she got it bang on. Whenever I have tied her hair up and she turns to look at me, with an incredulous look on my face I whisper, “prettyyyyy” so she has been subjected to that one for a while.

She also has several French words in her vocabulary which is wonderful. M has been talking to her in French, her key worker at the nursery speaks to her almost exclusively in French and we have just taken delivery of Muzzy’s beginner French DVD set (I’ll let you know if it makes a difference).

Bravo ma fille intelligente

Bravo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home