Come along for the ride!!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Bread's better wi' nowt taken owt"


Here's one I never saw coming, but you will have to allow for my London accent to appreciate it. I think.

Annabel, as you may or may not know, has started on her reading "words" and is doing rather well with them (see
here).

Well, this evening we were going through some new words and she got to one that was spelt;

F A S T

Now, when I say that word, it starts off rhyming with "car" as opposed to "gas" - geddit?

FAR - CAR - FAST - CAST

rather than

GASSED - FAST

Am I making myself clear?

As mud?

The thing is, Annabel's lovely teacher is from Yorkshire and obviously, she says the word 'fast' in an accent different to mine (it's not a problem, please don't report me to the racist police!!!), but it did take me aback slightly, that's all, ok?



Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home