Come along for the ride!!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Something for the weekend Sir?


This weekend was a corker actually. It was my Dad’s birthday on Saturday and he very kindly invited 30 close friends and family to celebrate with him.

A carvery lunch at Dulwich Golf course; result!

Venue? Great. Food? Terrific. Panoramic view across London? Amazing.

A very cosy affair with the whole place to ourselves. Dad obviously felt very relaxed because he gave a short speech thanking everyone for coming (and my Dad doesn’t “do” speeches).

Joseph and Annabel were the only two children there and thoroughly enjoyed running around after being very well behaved (if I do say so) throughout lunch. I call it lunch but it actually turned into a 5 and a half hour sitting!

As you may or not be aware, I have been known to write the odd poem or two for my nearest and dearest on special occasions. For regular readers here, you will know I have been so busy, I have had to put all non-essential tasks such as sleeping and eating on the backburner so unfortunately a poem for my Dad fell by the wayside.

I didn’t forget Dad - it’s in the pipeline.

Thanks again for a truly smashing day
xx


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home