Come along for the ride!!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

High Frequency Deflection


Or HFD for short.

Other “official” acronyms you could choose from are High Fat Diet, Heat Flux Dropout, Honolulu Fire department or Home For Dinner.

My family today were wishing me an HFD all of my own today as did I with my own Dad.

Yes, of course, today was Fathers Day and a Happy one at that. My Pops seemed happy with my gift of a book and an Edward Monkton card entitled "The Wonderful Dad", but absolutely delighted with his glass jar of Coconut Ice, handmade by yours truly (even if I did add too much red food colouring which rendered the finished product white and dark pink as opposed to the usual pale pink).

I’m kicking myself though because I completely forgot to take a picture of it for your viewing pleasure. It looked bloody good too, even if I do say so myself. Still, I guess that’s all the more reason to make some more in the not too distant future.

We ate at a recently refurbished gastro-pub, which was superb. M and I continued our love affair with oysters, followed by roast beef and wonderfully crispy Yorkshire puddings.

And for dessert?

Coconut Ice of course, at our place with tea and coffee.

My own gifts of the day were a huge card and (rather wonderfully), a fantastic bottle of Tempranillo rioja and, completing the ‘lush image’, a ne’er before tried bottle of Sloe Gin which, after getting the children into bed and tidying up, I was happy to collapse onto the sofa and sample extensively accompanying a delicious meze.

I would like to report that Sloe Gin, simply poured over ice, is as delicious as it looks and smells (which, by the way, is nothing like regular Gin, in case you’re wondering).

All in all, a terrific Fathers Day enjoyed by all involved.

Thanks as always to the generous and thoughtful M.
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home