Come along for the ride!!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint!


One could argue that our long weekend (just gone) on the Isle of Wight, bears an uncanny resemblance to our week long trip there last July (see here) and, to a certain degree, you’d be right.

Yes, we re-visited a couple of the same places; primarily food related places but this was unavoidable, as their reputation demanded that you return.

The Crab and Lobster pub for a …. wait for it …. crab sandwich.

To Warren Farm for their incredible cream tea with scones, clotted cream and jam aplenty.

The Wight Mouse Inn for their flaked chicken and ham pie.

A new destination for food was the Ship Inn by the marina where we all had fresh cod in beer batter with chips, peas and tartar sauce, which was divine.

Other new non-food destinations consisted of Amazon World, Robin Hill adventure park and the chairlift at the Needles.

I could tell you all over again that you should visit the island. I could tell you that whether you have a young family or not, I promise you won’t be disappointed. I could tell you that the food alone is worth a trip across from Portsmouth.

I could.

But I won’t.

I will just let you look at some of my favourite shots from our 4 days there.

Please note; to see my pictures that you won’t necessarily see on these pages, either click on 'My Flickr' on the right hand side under links or click here


Click to enlarge













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home